! = recommended
* = all-ages
Don't see your show on our calendar? Contact our calendar editor.
OK, the rain has let up a bit but I'm still not anxious to leave the apartment yet. Here's my 10 favorite local albums from 2007, complete with YouTube-y goodness - as best I could find it.
(I'm sure there'll be some continuity issues with the scores I've assigned - I wrote the reviews for four of the albums below. This is how I am ranking them at the end of the year.)
10. Fleeting Frequencies, Patience Please, Happy Happy Birthday to Me (song: "Bint"):
9. ...The Art of Becoming One's Own Shadow, Lillydale, Mt. Fuji (song: unknown, at least to me, but it was the only one I could find):
8. Share This Place, Mirah and Spectratone International, K Records (song: "Credo Cigalia"):
7. Abominations, Schoolyard Heroes, Stolen Transmissions/Universal (song: "Screaming Theater in a Crowded Fire"):
6. A Million Dollars Worth of Music, The Fucking Eagles, Gaptooth Jukebox (song: "He Won't Love You Like I'll Leave You"):
5. The Fourth, Jenni Potts, Clickpop (song: "Another Way"; note: this video is cuter than a thousand LOL Catz combined):
4. Death to Palaces, Young Sportsmen, self-released, (song: unknown to me, also)
3. Shake Yourself Awake, Ms. Led, Fish the Cat (song: "New Agenda"):
2. Free Electricity, The Cops, The Control Group/Mt.Fuji (song: "Modern Black Flats"):
1. Yes is the Answer, Grand Hallway, self-released (song: Seward Park):