I recently received a copy of Superstition by Siouxsie and the Banshees from Lala to replace my long lost cassette copy of the album and it got me thinking about my high school modern rock crushes… And here they are: my Top 5 high school Rock and Roll crushes (not exactly in order).
1. The aforementioned Siouxsie Sioux. She's foxy, and of course, I am a sucker for British rocker ladies. There's just something hypnotic about the way she moves.
2. Tanya Donelly. I met her once and really wasn't able to form a coherent sentence. I'm pretty sure I also walked into her at the Porter Square T station too. (And anyone who knows me from back then knows I have an ex that looks disturbingly like Tanya).
3. Miki Berenyi from Lush. Every time I think of her, I have to wave my fist to the sky and yell, "Damn you, Rivers Cuomo!"
4. Toni Halliday from Curve. I loved her in high school, met her in college. She didn't age that well, but damn, in this video she's still the seductress I remember.
5. Juliana Hatfield. What can I say, I'm from Boston.
Any crushes you want to admit to the crowd? It's kind of fun …