There are many reasons you should put on your fancy pants (although any bottoms will do) and go to the McLeod Residence tonight (Wednesday, April 30th).
The list of reasons includes (but is not limited to):
1. Performing at the event tonight are a couple awesome entertainers:
- Sgt. Rigsby and His Amazing Sillhouettes who have been described as a dirty, hilarious, old-timey shadow-puppet show. And this will be the one and only time you can see this particular iteration of it– new jokes, new songs, and general tomfoolery will occur.
- Accordion Boy, a singer of rollicking shanties on the accordion. You may also know AB as Nate Mooter of the Lashes, Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground, and Strong Killings.
2. There will be drink specials (thanks Dewars!) and light snacks (thanks Pike Street Fish Fry!).
3. If you are going to the Mayor's Office of Film and Music Happy Hour at Moe Bar tonight, there will be a $5 cab ride special from Moe Bar to McLeod courtesy of Crown Black Car (pick up a flyer at the Moe Bar happy hour for your deal).
4. Be a part of the Vera Project solution. The non-profit org needs a bunch of funds by June 30th in order to earn a $50K matching grant. All proceeds from this evening's event goes towards that. Read more about it.
5. Tickets to get in are $15-$20 so while you're there have someone take your picture. There's something about the McLeod Residence that makes everyone there become very photogenic… and that's well worth $20 to me.
If you can't make it tonight but still want to donate, that's cool (and quite handsome) of you! Here's how.