On Stereogum the other day I saw a post about a new website that has another cool and inventive way to share music with one another. It's called "Muxtape" and it calls itself "a simple way to create and share mp3 mixtapes."
What you do is upload up to 12 mp3s (max size: 10 megabytes) and arrange them how you see fit. Or, as Stereogum puts it:
make a page and get your URL (username.muxtape.com), upload 12 tracks, sequence them how you like, and email said link to friends to
demonstrate your superior tasteturn them on to new stuff. It's a basic idea done well. It's mixtapes gone 2.0.
I made one this afternoon. You can listen to it at imaginarychrisb.muxtape.com. What would be on yours?
My track list is:
1. Sons & Daughters – Gilt Complex
2. Be Your Own Pet – Becky
3. Switches – Drama Queen
4. Metric – Monster Hospital
5. Violet Vector and the Lovely Lovelies – Can You Dig It?
6. The Young Sportsmen – Under the Rocks and Stars
7. Ida Maria – Oh My God
8. Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground – Hey Momma
9. The Teenagers – Starlett Johansson
10. Client – Where's the Rock and Roll Gone?
11. Glass Candy – Beatific
12. The Ting Tings – That's Not My Name
Post your tracklists or links in the comments, if you're so inclined.