Well, I am in the lovely capitol of Finland, Helsinki, or, if you're Swedish like Jens Lekman, Helsingfors. I'm a little loopy but some fun observations for you to enjoy:
– The Finnish equivalent to Home Depot is call Bauhaus. How awesome is that?
– There seem to be a lot of death metal fans on my flight from Berlin to Helsinki. I'm guessing it was either a festival or the Finns love death metal more than I imagined.
– Helsinki is the same latitude as Juneau, Alaska (more or less), but right now its downright pleasant: sunny, 70 at 9PM.
– I may attempt to go to one day of the 'Flow Festival' here in Helsinki that might involve seeing, very appropriately, Architecture in Helsinki and, less fittingly, !!!.
– The local "Stranger"-like newspaper here in Helsinki had a review of the White Stripes Icky Thump, and although I couldn't understand a word of it, I did see that they gave it 5 out of 5 stars. Even the Finns are falling for the Stripes charms, eh?
That's all for now … more as it is warranted (and if my iBook doesn't completely die … don't ask).