Turn your lights off for one hour starting at 8 pm (your local time) on Saturday, March 29th for Earth Hour 2008, and make a statement on climate change. The aim of Earth Hour is "to express that individual action on a mass scale can help change our planet for the better."
So what will you do with a self-imposed hour of lights-off? A few ideas:
- Take a nap before hitting the town (Tennis Pro CD release party, yo).
- Listen to Nirvana With the Lights Out boxed CD set.
- Go to bed with someone (and not nap).
- Go to bed by yourself (and not nap).
- Keep the fridge door closed (there's a light in there, y'all).
- Hold a flash-mob-something at Cal Anderson Park. (Perhaps a sing-along to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or a game of blindfold tag).
- Play Scrabble by candlelight (and amaze your friends with your Scrabulous-based vocabulary).
What are you doing on Saturday at 8 pm?