We just got this email from the Vera Project and thought it might be of interest to some of our imaginary readers. We're just the messengers — send your inquires to the email address indicated below.
And good luck!
Booking Internship Open Now!!!
The highly coveted Booking Assistant internship is open.
Read the description below and submit a resume and letter of interest to [email protected] Applications are due by 5pm on Friday October 19th.
The Vera Project Intern Job Description: Booking & Promotions Intern
The Booking & Promotions Intern assists The Vera Project's Program Director with all aspects of booking and promotions. This position provides and excellent opportunity to become familiar with and integral part of The Vera Project's operations. At The Vera Project, booking and promoting is central to keeping young folks engaged in positive activities that enable young artist and activist communities to grow and flourish. Balancing being a premier concert facility with being accessible and supportive of emerging artists makes booking and promoting at The Vera Project exciting, challenging, and fulfilling. Extensive booking and promotions experience can be gained through this hands-on internship. Priority for this internship will go to someone 16 to 24 years of age.
– Secure performers
– Open and listen to demos
– Respond to booking inquiries
– Maintain database of venues, performers, and contact information
– Coordinate promotions and poster campaigns
– Write show previews press releases
– Do daily, related administrative work in the office
– Recruit, hire, and train the next Booking and Promotions Intern in coordination with the Program Director
– Attend Programming Committee meetings
– Attend relevant meetings and events with the Program Director
– Valuable experience in the programming and promotions in a non-profit or government office environment
– Development of professional communication skills
– Development of contacts and networking skills within the music industry
– Ability to use Microsoft Word to develop professional letters and reports
– Knowledge of how to use and develop worksheets to maintain simple data in Microsoft Excel
– Upon request, the Booking and Promotions Intern may receive a letter of recommendation, appropriate to work performed
Reports to: Program Director
Hours per week: 20