Attention star-bound bands: the fine folks at the Capitol Hill Block Party just emailed us with news of a contest that will "get you on the radar of all the Seattle tastemakers." The winner of this Esurance battle of the bands gets a spot on the main stage at the Capitol Hill Block Party, their song in a nationally televised Esurance commercial, an in-studio performance and interview on KEXP, an article about your band in The Stranger's Line Out, among other prizes.
Here are the deets from the press release:
HOW TO ENTER:
You must submit audio recording(s), bio and photo by signing up to The Stranger's Band Pages. Once you sign up click the box next to "Sign me up for the Block Star Contest!"
** If you already have a Bands Page listing, but lost your link to edit it, you can retrieve your link here.**
• A panel of judges from 90.3 KEXP radio, The Stranger, Mackie, 107.7 The End, and other respected music biz folks will review the submissions and choose 8 semi-finalists to play a showcase at The Vera Project June 15th.
• The judges at the Vera Showcase will pick the winner out of the group of 8 bands performing that night.
The 2007 Capitol Hill Block Star Grand Prize Package includes:
- An opportunity to play the Mainstage at the Block Party
- Your song featured in a nationally televised Esurance Animated commerical
- A feature on your band on The Stranger's Lineout and write up in the Stranger's Block Party Pullout Guide
- A rehearsal PA featuring TAPCO active rehearsal monitors and an FX mixer
- An interview and chance to play live on 107.7 The End
More prizes to be announced soon!
– Each of the top 8 finalists will also win a Mackie software package with satellite recording interface.
Your fabulous panel of judges are:
– Jonathan Zwickel – Stranger Music Editor
– Melissa Quayle – Programming Director, The Vera Project
– Ben London – Executive Director, The PNW Chapter of The Recording Academy
– Harms – Superstar DJ – 107.7 The End
– Nat Damm – Drummer of Akimbo, Programming Director, The Old Firehouse
– DJ Hyphen – Co-Host of KUBE's "Sunday Night Sound Session"
So there ya have it! Interested bands can learn more over at the Stranger.